If you like falling asleep to the sound of music, or while listening to an Audible book, did you know that you can set both to automatically switch off after a certain point?
That way, you don’t have to wake up in the middle of the night to switch it off, meaning you are more likely to have an uninterrupted or good night’s sleep.
Tip: I like to listen to Ocean sounds, it calms me and relaxes me.
In the Radio section of the Music app on your iPhone, you’ll find “Spa” music under Electronic, and for Ocean sounds, search for “Calm Sea Sounds for Sleep” under albums.
How to switch your music off automatically on an iPhone
- Go to your Alarm app.
- Go to Timer.
- Set your timer for the duration you wish, say 30min for example.
- Then under “When Timer Ends”, choose: Stop Playing.
- Whatever you are playing from the music app, will now stop playing after the timer ends.
How to stop Audible playing automatically
- Go to the Audible app.
- On the bottom you’ll see an option for “Sleep Timer”, press it.
- Choose the desired time, for example End of Chapter or 30mins.
- Press Done.